While my days are often filled with meetings, calls, and emails, I think it’s important to carve out an hour or so each day to stay atop the market. This is just as much a part of my job as is my daily responsibilities. It’s from these articles, interviews, and research that I get my inspiration and form my market opinions.
Readers often ask me how I stay on top of the market -here goes:
Real Estate Market News (Daily Check)
- National Real Estate Investor Online
- Globe Street
- Commercial Observer
- CoStar News
- Multihousing News Online
- Multifamily Executive Magazine
- Bloomberg (Real Estate)
- Bisnow (various markets)
- WSJ (Real Estate)
- NYT (Real Estate)
Economic News/Data (Weekly Emails)
- PIMCO Insights
- Wells Fargo Insights
- Cushman & Wakefield Research & Insights
- Brown Advisory
- Mauldine Economics
Real Estate Periodicals
- The Institutional Real Estate Letter – this magazine is the single best real estate periodical out there. It’s pricey, so get ahold of a free copy if you can.
- The Daily Skimm – a daily email which covers all the day’s headlines from politics to pop culture.
This is in no way a comprehensive list of sources, it’s just the ones that I’ve found to be most valuable. What would you add to this list?