We recently embarked on a project aimed at improving the online marketing process for all our multifamily properties. The intent was to greatly improve our web presence, access deeper analytics, build a multifamily brand, and control the process from the ownership-level. Since we utilize 3rd party property management, each asset utilized a different website template, property management software, paid search marketing strategy, lead tracking process etc. From the ownership side, we had little transparency into the effectiveness of each marketing channel and were unable to make data-driven adjustments to our marketing strategy. We were forced to be reactive and adjust based on anecdotal evidence and feedback from our onsite teams, who often couldn’t see the larger picture.
Over the past several months, we worked with G5, a multifamily-focused web marketing firm, to greatly improve our online marketing process. Starting with the property websites and paid search marketing strategy, G5 has enabled us to access analytics to determine our cost per lead and cost per lease, which will allow us to make data-driven marketing decisions.
The on-boarding process was cumbersome, but worthwhile. We’re extremely pleased with the aesthetics and functionality of our new sites, but even more importantly their performance. See several of the sites below:
The sites are designed with a mobile-first perspective, and for good reason; ~70% of our overall traffic has been from a mobile device and Google is now indexing sites on a mobile-first basis.
As part of our onboarding process, we drafted new copy for each site. This was a fun challenge as we wanted to make the property and experience feel inviting, while also being true to the quality of the product and matching our target resident’s demands. One aspect I found particularly fun was drafting the wording for the unit interior finishes and property amenities. This is an area where we can differentiate our property online.
On an old episode of Bar Rescue, host Jon Taffer, said beer sells 20% better when it’s listed on the menu as “Iced Cold Beer” rather than just “Beer”. It sounds simple, but intuitively makes a lot of sense. Imagine looking at an apartment online, are you more interested in the units with the “Black Appliances” or the one with the “Sleek, High-Efficiency Black Appliances”? How about the property with the “Dog Park”, “Gym”, and “Pool” or the one with the “Lushly Landscaped Dog Park with Obstacle Park”, “Fully-Equipped State-the-Art Fitness Center”, and “Sparkling Resort-Style Swimming Pool“?
Although everything comes back to the quality of the property, location, price-point, and management, the goal of online marketing is to be found, and then entice the prospective resident to email, call, or visit in person. If you do a better job of online marketing than your competitor down the street, you’re at a distinct competitive advantage.
Below is a list of some of the adjectives and phrases we used to describe our unit interiors and amenities. What would you add to this list?
Key Descriptive Words
- Artisan level
- Adventure seeking
- Instagram worthy
Vinyl Plank Flooring
- Stylish/Sleek Wood-Like Flooring
- Sleek Plank Flooring throughout the Apartments
- Beautiful engineered flooring give each home a warm and contemporary style
- Rich wood-like flooring
- Hardwood style…
- Luxury vinyl plank flooring
- Wood-inspired Flooring
- Rich wood-style plank flooring (all deals)
- Stylish plank flooring in living/kitchen area
- White Premium Soft Close Cabinets
- European-style cabinets with soft-close hardware in the kitchen help make the space a chef’s dream.
- Elegant Formica Countertops
- Distinctive tile backsplash
- Carrera Marble-Style White Quartz Countertops
- Polished granite countertops
- Hard-surface plank flooring
- Solid surface quartz and granite countertops
- High efficiency, front loading washer and dryer
- In-home laundry outfitted with whisper quiet Energy Star washer and dryer
Appliance (Stove, Fridge, Dishwasher etc.)
- Stainless steel, energy efficient appliances
- Sleek stainless-steel appliances
- Stainless-steel appliances and beautifully tiles backsplashes
- Luxe stainless-steel appliances
- Exquisite, efficient, contemporary lighting systems designed to complement ample natural light
- Designer lighting fixtures to include artisanal pendant lighting, contemporary track lighting, and modern…
- Bright, open and well-appointed kitchen with beautiful, solid cabinetry
- Gourmet kitchen…
- Custom cabinetry, granite countertops and tile backsplash throughout the kitchen and bath
- Generously Sized Private Balconies
- Balconies or screened in patios with picturesque views
- These windows frame breathtaking views of the city and beyond
- Oversized windows with views of…
- Thoughtfully designed studio, one- and two-bedroom floor plans (USF)
- Premier scheme apartments feature modern kitchens and baths with quartz countertops, new cabinetry, tile backsplash, hard surface vinyl plank flooring, and stainless-steel appliances (USF)
- Impressive collection of studios, one-, two- and three-bedroom apartments
- Designed to fit your style…
- Designer custom framed mirror
- Large over-sized mirrors with over mirror lighting
- Panoramic views
- Premium carpet in bedrooms
- Walk-in Shower with Frameless Glass Door
- Sparkling, resort-style Swimming Pool
- Vegas style pool with shallow-water sunshelves
- Take a swim in our crystal-clear pool or lounge in one of the poolside cabanas
- Modern, landscaped pool courtyard with…
- Vibrant pool with….
- Lavish pool….
- Expansive heated resort-style pool with cabanas
- Lushly landscaped Dog Run with Obstacle Park
- Expansive Dog Run
- 4 Paws to Play Park
- Your four-legged friends have a space of their own in this private park.
- Pet friendly with our private Paw Park and Paw Spa
Gym / Private Studio
- State-of-the-Art Fitness Center to Compliment any Fitness Level
- Get your workout in our fitness center equipped with state of the art cardio and strength training equipment.
- Take a deep breath as you practice yoga, barre or Pilates
- 24/7 Fitness center with a cardio theatre, spin bikes, yoga room, strength machines & free weights
- State-of-the-Art Fitness Center with strength training, cardio, Fitness on Demand, and functional exercise equipment
Lounges / Club Room
- Catch the News on One of Several Big Screen TV’s While Enjoying Your Favorite Latte
- Quiet Lounge and Sitting Area to Prep for the Day Ahead
- Warm and intimate gathering space…
- The perfect place to host friends or enjoy your morning coffee with a beautiful view of…
- A convenient meeting space for games or business needs
- Chill lounge…
- Cyber café with gourmet coffee bar
- Enjoy a cozy evening outside by the fireplace with friends where you can share drinks and stories.
- Relax with friends around the fire pit
- Amenities to suit every lifestyle
- We’re waaaay more than just pet friendly apartments
- Running and bike trails outside your front door
- Sound proofing – our walls and windows were designed and built with tranquility in mind
- Community-sponsored social events for residents and friends
- Extensive sound-proofing
- 24-hour package lockers provided [package system]
- Challenge friends to a game or two on this regulation court.
- When visitors come in from out of town, they can stay on the property in their own suite instead of a hotel
- Live amongst the Downtown [location] galleries, eclectic dining, and exciting bars such as
- Fully-Equipped State-of-the-Art Business Center